Shippensburg University offers a Bachelor of Arts in communication/journalism with an emphasis in print and online media, public relations or electronic media. The goal of the Department of Communication/Journalism is to prepare our students for entry-level positions in mass communication or advanced study in communications, law, or business. You will gain a background in liberal arts and science and a solid grounding in communication and journalism studies.
ship offers state-of-the-art facilities, reputation, and value. our writing and desktop design computer labs, tablet lab, and radio and television studios are digitally outfitted with professional, industry-standard equipment. you will have access to these facilities right away by participating in our student media organizations and courses. our faculty have advanced degrees and professional experience in their fields.
undergraduate communication/journalism students have access to the latest industry hardware and software, including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Spark
- Microsoft Office
Audio Production: Rowland Hall 202 is equipped with 25 computer audio editing stations utilizing Adobe Audition and Blue Microphones. Rowland Hall 207 houses a professional audio recording studio and voiceover sound booth.
Photography Lab:2020欧洲杯体育娱乐官网 The Rowland 206 Mac Lab is equipped for digital processing and printing using Adobe Photoshop, Epson printers and DSLR cameras.
TV Studio: Grove Hall 004 has a professional TV production center equipped with:
- Three Hitachi HD studio cameras with Autocue teleprompters
- A Grass Valley Kayak digital production switcher
- Adobe Premiere Pro HD non-linear editing systems
- Playback Pro non-linear media playback system
- Ross Inception newsroom computer system
- Ross Xpression 3D graphics system
- HD Panasonic ENG camcorders
- News and chromakey sets with two zone dimmable lighting
- CNN Newsource
2020欧洲杯体育娱乐官网the tv production center also has a mobile tv production van equipped with four hd cameras and instant replay tape decks to produce live and live-on-tape events and sports contests for broadcast on comcast cable and campus tv.
opportunities for professional internships with local, regional, national, and international media and businesses are always available to qualified juniors and seniors. the department maintains a database to assist students in finding internships that may lead to entry-level positions. these opportunities prepare shippensburg graduates for careers in all branches of mass media:
- Web designers
- Radio and television reporters
- Sports directors
- Radio announcers
- Television producers
- Program directors
- Disk jockeys
- Advertising salespeople and copywriters
- Public relations professionals in business, industry, government
2020欧洲杯体育娱乐官网the average salary for communication/journalism jobs in pennsylvania is $42,000.
to graduate with a major in communication/journalism, you need to:
- Complete 42 credits of communication/journalism courses
- Complete MAT117 Applied Statistics as your required Math course
- Satisfy university requirements for intermediate-level proficiency in a foreign language
- Satisfy university general education course requirements (48 credits)
- Satisfy university general elective course requirements (30 credits)
to minor in communication/journalism you are required to take 18 credits. see the for specific course requirements.
The Department of Communication/Journalism at Shippensburg University is one of 113 programs accredited by the (ACEJMC). It is the only accredited mass communication/journalism program among the 14 public universities in Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
2020欧洲杯体育娱乐官网student media organizations provide essential hands-on experience necessary for entering the communication/journalism professions. all students must participate in at least one organization such as (weekly campus newspaper), (campus radio station), the (campus yearbook), (campus and local cable tv channel), the . involvement in each of these groups also offers students several different leadership opportunities.