Jump to Footer
Facts and Stats about Shippensburg University
- Proud to award $79,000,000 annually in grants, scholarships, student employment and loans.
- Proud to have one of only three programs in Pennsylvania accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- A place of active recruitment for over 2,000 employers looking to hire our students.
- Proud to have one of only eight criminal justice programs (BS) in the United States certified by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
- A safe and supportive environment for students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors and does not tolerate sexual misconduct or domestic violence. Ship Says No More continually works to enhance this safe environment.
- Equipped with a health center and other wellness resources on campus.
- Able to save students 66% on tuition versus the average private college tuition.
- Delighted to have a on campus, drawing crowds for Broadway performances, comedians, symphonies, internationally-known speakers, pop and rock concerts and more.
- Equipped with a recreation center, complete with an indoor track, racquetball and squash courts, four multi-purpose courts and plenty of weights and exercise equipment.
- Always embracing the family feel across our 210 acre campus.
- Ranked twelfth in the nation by Great College Deals for our Disability Studies program.
- The winner of the , the award given to the top overall athletics program in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. That marked the conference record of eight wins for Ship. No other university has won the Dixon Trophy more than three times.
- 0 Courses Taught By Assistants – Only Our Faculty Members Teach
- 3 Colleges (College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education and Human Services, and the top-rated John L. Grove College of Business)
- 12 Fulbright Scholars Since 2010 (The most of any institution in Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education during that time.)
- 20+ Intramural and Club Sports
- 14 , Including a Dunkin’ Donuts and a Starbucks
- 78% of First-Year Students Living on Campus